Sunday, June 22, 2008

Relay for Life

Well, I have a very caring daughter. She has gotten involved in the Relay for life and the past two years has been on teams to help raise money and awareness for cancer. Last year she bought a luminarie in memory of my cousin Vicki who passed away in 2004. This past year, we lost two other cousins to cancer Brooklyn who was 3 and Zariah who was 2 months old. We bought luminaries in memory of them too. This year Bre talked me into coming out and walking the track with her for a little while. I ended up staying the night - well until 5 am. I might stay out there with her next year, we had a good time walking the track at the high school. I saw people that I hadn't talked to in quite, it was nice to see old friends. If you have never been to a "Relay for Life" I urge you to go to the next one close to where you live. It was a nice experience.

No comments: